Looking to rent a place to live in the Rapid City area? South Dakota Housing Development Authority (SDHDA) is a great resource for potential renters statewide. Before you begin the process, try out our guide to find the ideal place for your budgetary and space requirements.
Rapid City is home to several property managers who participate in SDHDA rental assistance programs—here are some of the potential contacts you can make on your apartment search:
|Ascent Property Solutions Inc.
|Black Hills Works Inc.
|Cedar Ridge Townhouses
|Complete Property Solutions LLC
|Costello Property Management
|Fountain Springs Senior Apartments
|Good Samaritan Society
|Integrity Management and Consulting Services LLC
|Lewis Kirkeby & Hall Management Inc.
|Mercy Housing SD II LLC
|Pennington County Housing & Redevelopment Commission
|Professional Management Inc.
|Thies & Talle Management Inc.
If you're in search of financial assistance to rent an apartment or home in Rapid City, you have plenty of options if you meet certain qualifications. The following criteria are used to determine whether you're eligible for assistance (though some property managers have exceptions or additional criteria):
- You have to fall within certain income standards
- This rental property must be your only residence
- You must have a certain number of family members for multi-bedroom units
- You might qualify for certain age- or disability-based benefits
- You must have proof of legal citizenship or immigration status
Find out more about your rental assistance options in Rapid City here.
When it comes to neighborhoods, Rapid City offers several potential options—whether you like to be centrally located or prefer quieter, outskirts parts of the community, your choice in neighborhood depends on your household's needs and wants. Here is a snapshot of what to expect in Rapid City:
- Central Region
- Average 1-Bedroom Rental: $700
- Average 3-Bedroom Rental: $1,383
- Area Schools: Rapid City High, South Park Elementary, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
- Area Amenities: Dahl Arts Center, Dinosaur Park, Skyline Wilderness Area Park
- Outer Region
- Average 1-Bedroom Rental: $695
- Average 3-Bedroom Rental: $1217
- Area Schools: Stevens High, Southwest Middle, General Beadle Elementary
- Area Amenities: Storybook Island, Star of the West Sports Complex, Rushmore Mall
With this basic, starter knowledge, you're well on your way to finding an apartment, no matter your budget or space needs, in South Dakota's second-largest city.