If you're considering a move to the southern city of Yankton, South Dakota, you have options when it comes to first-time homebuying. South Dakota Housing Development Authority (SDHDA) can assist future homeowners in finding the perfect space in the state's seventh-largest city. From downpayment and closing-cost assistance to competitive interest rates, there is much to consider.
Check out our first-time homebuying guide to Yankton.
A prequalification is a great place to start when determining your spending power as a homebuyer—below is a listing of potential lenders in the Yankton vicinity who include SDHDA's First-Time Homebuyer Loans among their offerings:
With a prequalification in hand, you can begin the process of searching for the home of your dreams—a real estate agent with skills and experience can set you on the right path for this stage. When choosing an agent, ensure he or she is well-versed in Yankton and the surrounding region and has a good handle on the type of property for which you're looking. To double-check that a particular agent is licensed, make sure his or her credentials are up to date with the state Department of Labor and Regulation.
Yankton is a great mid-sized South Dakota community for raising a family, and it's home to plenty of options to keep you and your household entertained and content. Check out some of the options on the table for those moving into the Yankton area.
- Napa Junction
- Median Home Price: $272,600
- Area Schools: Sacred Heart Elementary
- Area Amenities: Lake Yankton, Lewis & Clark Recreation Area
- Eastern Region
- Median Home Price: $157,860
- Area Schools: Yankton Middle, Beadle Elementary
- Area Amenities: Chan Gurney Municipal Airport, Yankton Ice Rink, Hillcrest Golf & Country Club
- North Central Region
- Median Home Price: $173,508
- Area Schools: Mount Marty College, Yankton High
- Area Amenities: Yankton Mall, Fox Run Golf Course
- City Center
- Median Home Price: $103,429
- Area Schools: Sacred Heart Middle, Webster Elementary
- Area Amenities: Riverside Park, Yankton Community Library
More than 41 families in the Yankton area took advantage of SDHDA programs in the last year. That equals more than $5.1 million in 12 months!
Whatever matters most to you in your home search, Yankton has an area to fit your needs. The above guide can give you a good head-start, but if you have any additional questions on the First-Time Homebuyer Loan program, we're here to help!