If you're ready to call Aberdeen home, your rental housing needs may soon be met. South Dakota Housing Development Authority (SDHDA) can be a great first step toward finding affordable rentals. Apartment-hunters in South Dakota's third-largest city should read on for a guide to local property managers and other important info.
Looking for property managers that participate in SDHDA's rental assistance programs? The following should get you started on finding an affordable place to call home in the Aberdeen area:
|Aberdeen Housing & Redevelopment Commission
|Bicentennial Apts. Ltd.
|Costello Property Management
|Golden West Inc.
If budget is an obstacle to renting an apartment or home in the Aberdeen area, there are several opportunities for rental assistance. Those potential renters who meet a specific set of requirements could be eligible for financial help—just make sure to check with your potential property manager about his or her own exceptions or additional qualifications:
- Meet certain income range requirements
- Reside only in this property
- Meet family size requirements for multi-bedroom spaces
- Qualify for benefits related to your age or economic status
- Have proof of citizenship or immigration status
Check out your list of financial-assistance options in Aberdeen here.
Wondering about what the neighborhoods in Aberdeen offer? Check out our breakdown on the key amenities of living centrally or on the outer edges of the city—as well as the average cost of living. Here's an idea of what to expect when renting in Aberdeen, South Dakota:
- Central Region
- Average 1-Bedroom Rental: $600
- Average 3-Bedroom Rental: $1,000
- Area Schools: Roncalli Elementary, Montessori School of Aberdeen
- Area Amenities: Avera St. Luke's Hospital, Capitol Cinema, Central Park, Aberdeen Family YMCA
- Outer Region
- Average 1-Bedroom Rental: $625
- Average 3-Bedroom Rental: $975
- Area Schools: Central High, Holgate Middle, CC Lee Elementary, Northern State University, Presentation College
- Area Amenities: Johnson Fine Arts Center, Storybook Land, Lee Park Golf Course, Aberdeen Regional Airport
Now that you have your starting point, check out our below guide to understand the process of renting an apartment in South Dakota even more clearly.